Pollen grains are essential elements for the proper functioning of biodiversity on Earth. However, for at least 20% of the population, they are responsible for allergic reactions, usually seasonal, called allergic rhinitis, or more commonly, hay fever.
What is pollen?
Pollen is collected by bees from flowers. These plant seeds are traditionally known for their high fiber content, which helps regulate transit. Pollen is stored by the plant in its reproductive organs: the stamens. This fine dust is released, to allow the fertilization of the plants. Pollen is an essential hive asset for bees, because it contributes to the rearing of young larvae, thanks to its protein concentration. Indeed, it is considered the “bread of the bees”, because it is their main food, before honey. It is important to note that the pollen of bees is different from the pollen which causes allergies: it is the one that is transported by the wind, that is to say, the “anemophilous pollen” which is at the origin of allergies.
Bee pollen vitamins
Flower pollen naturally contains antioxidants, and vegetable proteins, including many amino acids essential to life. Since the body cannot synthesize them, they can only be found in food. Flower pollen also contains carbohydrates, enzymes, lipids, probiotics, many major minerals and trace elements (calcium, iron, chlorine, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium), a large number of vitamins of groups A, B (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B8, B9, B12 or folic acid) C, E, provitamins A, phytosterols as well as rutin, a growth accelerating substance which increases capillary resistance.
Source of fiber, it is widely used to regulate good transit
The Hidden Mystery Behind Bee Pollen Hair Loss
Bee pollen benefits
- Boosts energy and vitality Because it contains such a variety of nutrients, bee pollen is an excellent energizer. Its content of carbohydrates, proteins, and vitamins of group B stimulates your organism. This helps fight fatigue.
- Relieves Skin Disorders Topical application of bee pollen is a homeopathic remedy known to treat skin inflammation and irritation. We think in particular of psoriasis and eczema. The amino acids and vitamins of the pollen protect the epidermis. They stimulate the regeneration of skin cells.
- Avoid asthma problems Bee pollen has powerful antioxidant properties. Therefore, it can be used to prevent the onset of asthma symptoms. It reduces inflammation of the lung tissue.
- Relieves Seasonal Allergies Bee pollen reduces histamine levels in your body. This is what relieves most seasonal allergies. According to a study conducted by Dr. Leo Conway, 94% of patients with seasonal allergies had no symptoms after treatment with bee pollen ingestion. These patients were cured of their asthma, allergy, and sinus troubles. These results underline the remarkable effectiveness of bee pollen in the event of respiratory disorders.
- Facilitates digestion In addition to its high content of vitamins, essential minerals, and proteins, bee pollen also contains enzymes. These can aid your digestion. These enzymes help your body assimilate all the nutrients from your diet.
- Stimulates the immune system Highly beneficial to the intestinal flora, bee pollen also regulates your immune system. According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, an expert in holistic medicine, pollen has properties similar to antibiotics. It protects your body from virus attacks. In addition, bee pollen is rich in antioxidants. They are the ones that reduce the oxidation of your cells due to free radicals.
- Treats addictive disorders In holistic medicine, bee pollen is frequently used to treat addiction problems. Pollen inhibits sickness needs and reduces urges. With its inhibiting effects on cravings, honey pollen can also help people with weight issues. 8. Strengthens the cardiovascular system Honey pollen also has a high rutoside content.
- This natural flavonoid with antioxidant properties strengthens capillaries and blood vessels. In addition, rutoside is an effective treatment for circulatory problems. It can regulate high cholesterol levels. It is also a powerful anticoagulant. Rutoside is thought to prevent clots from forming. And it reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Pollen benefits for male
Relieves prostate pain Thanks to bee pollen, men suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia can be relieved by taking pollen. Indeed, pollen helps to naturally reduce inflammation of the prostate. It helps to reduce the urgent urge to urinate.
Check also my article about 10 Secret Things About Royal Honey, Or Jelly Royal
How to eat Bee pollen?
Do you need advice on pollen consumption? We are there for that!
Know first of all initially, men mixed pollen with honey and consumed it as food.
Current filtration techniques now make it possible to separate most pollen grains. They result in its administration as a food supplement in the form of granules.
We, therefore, find fresh pollen and dry pollen. Fresh pollen is a portion of food particularly sensitive to air, heat, and humidity. For the conservation of pollen, our advice: keep it in the freezer and take out the desired quantity in the morning when you consume it. You can also put your fresh pollen the day before in the refrigerator in a container covered with absorbent paper.
The dry pollen, in granules, can be eaten in a spoonful of honey or diluted in a little water. Similarly, a great synergy exists between pollen, fruits, and honey. It can thus be consumed:
With fruit (sauce)
In a vegetable soup
Mixed with a honey infusion
DO HONEY AND LEMON FOR A COUGH AN EFFECTIVE REMEDY?
The important thing is to take care to chew it well for better absorption and to get the best benefits. Also, wait a few minutes once the pollen has mixed with your compote or herbal tea. When the pollen grains come into contact with water, they burst and release their nutrient content.
If you will benefit from all the benefits of pollen, whether it comes in the form of grain or whether it is fresh, we advise you to take a cure 2 to 3 times a year, ideally during the change of seasons. spring or fall to recharge the batteries before winter. Our advice: consume the pollen in the morning and stick to this routine during the cure.
Bee pollen allergy
What is the explanation? How can raw pollen improve pollen allergies?
First of all, it should be mentioned that there are 2 types of pollen: anemophilous pollen – carried by the wind, and entomophilous pollen – collected by bees. Allergic reactions that occur in the spring are caused by anemophilous pollen.
The main cause of all allergic reactions in our body is histamine – a substance produced by our body but also present in food. Cheese and fermented foods are the highest in histamine.
When histamine levels are high, allergies are on the verge of appearing. This is why reducing histamine levels is the goal of all antiallergic drugs.
Of all bee products, raw pollen is the one that has the property of reducing the level of histamine in the body, which is why it is recommended as an adjuvant in desensitization therapy.
Leo Conway, MD (Colorado), tested the effectiveness of raw pollen in the fight against allergic rhinitis and reported that 94% of his patients were cured.
Thus, it has been shown that administered as a preventive measure or combined with other antiallergics, raw pollen reduces histamine levels, contributing to the relief of allergic symptoms.